- 2017 Fantasy Baseball: American League Breakout Hitters
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball: National League Breakout Hitters
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball Round-Up: Closer Rankings Report, March 20
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball Bounceback Hitters: Don’t Call It A Comeback
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball: Drafting A Pitching Staff After Round 15
2015 Fantasy Basketball Rankings: Guards
Breaking down Fantasy Basketball rankings by position has to be taken with a grain of salt. The multi-positional eligibility of the majority of players makes it tough to distinguish tiers at each position.
The best way to go about ranking and tiering the players is to split them into guards, forwards and centers. There is obviously still some cross-over between the lists, especially the PF/C combo players. This also shows, yet again, the value of the SG/SF player who is eligible at so many roster spots.
The other factor in utilizing these rankings is with which platform you play Fantasy Basketball. I used the Fantasy Pros consensus for positions, but there are definitely differences between the Yahoo, ESPN and CBS eligibilities.
For a better grasp on the overall talent and tiers when preparing for your draft, you should check out my Top-200 overall rankings.
So without further ado, here are the rankings for the Top-60 guards in Fantasy Basketball.
Fantasy Basketball Rankings: Guards
- I had Kyrie Irving too low in my original rankings. His percentages and turnovers are not strong, but I think he scores even more this season to make up for it.
- Point guards dominate the top of the rankings with nine of the first 13 playing predominantly at the spot.
- There is a lack of top-tier depth at shooting guard. James Harden and Klay Thompson carry the banner for the elite, but after them the majority of top SG’s are primarily small forwards with dual eligibility.
- Deron Williams is the biggest wildcard of the entire list. He is out for the pre-season (and possibly start of the regular season) with a calf injury. However, I think if Chandler Parsons and Wesley Matthews come back healthy then the Mavericks could definitely score some points.
Latest posts by Michael Tomlin (see all)
- H2H League Draft Strategy: Punting Categories - March 10, 2017
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball Roto League Draft Strategy: Aim For Third Place - March 8, 2017
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball Cheat Sheet: It’s All About Time - March 8, 2017