- 2017 Fantasy Baseball: American League Breakout Hitters
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball: National League Breakout Hitters
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball Round-Up: Closer Rankings Report, March 20
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball Bounceback Hitters: Don’t Call It A Comeback
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball: Drafting A Pitching Staff After Round 15
NFL Week 8 Storylines to Watch: New RB Starters
There were more injuries at running back last week, shocker I know. That is what leads our Week 8 storylines to watch.
There are multiple back-ups getting the first real look as the starter this week. You also have former back-up Spencer Ware that has a chance to never be called the back-up in Kansas City again.
There are also a few starting quarterbacks coming back this week. Some of their situations will have drastic effects on the entire offense, especially the No. 1 receivers.
So keep these storylines to watch in mind as you watch this weekend. They can help you evaluate trades and pick-ups going forward.
Week 8 Storylines to Watch
New Back-Up Running Backs
- Devontae Booker, Rob Kelley, and Mike Gillislee should all get starts this week. Booker is clearly in the best spot with Denver’s offense. He becomes an automatic Top-10 play each week he starts.
- Kelley will be splitting time with Chris Thompson. Thompson will be the better PPR option this week, however I think Kelley might take the job over. It’s definitely something to keep an eye on.
- LeSean McCoy will sit out this weekend against New England. Mike Gillislee will get the tough duty of trying to run on New England. If the Bills can keep it close, than Gillislee could have a nice day. If they fall behind early, then you might get nothing from the Bill
Rookie vs. Rookie Battle
The game of the week is the Sunday Night Showdown between the two rookie quarterbacks taking the league by storm. Carson Wentz has struggled the past couple of weeks while Dak Prescott almost looks to get better with each game.
Prescott will have Dez Bryant back, and it will be the first time the entire Dallas skill position set will be playing together with no training wheels. It will be interesting to see what Prescott can do against the top ranked DVOA team in the league.
Spencer Ware’s Time
Spencer Ware channels his inner Marshawn Lynch to deliver big plays https://t.co/pI9UwzaJvN
— ESPN NFL Nation (@ESPN_NFLNation) October 24, 2016
Jamaal Charles is being held out again this Sunday and Spencer Ware can entrench himself as the starter going forward. Some think Ware has done enough, but I think a healthy Jamaal Charles gets the same type of production. This week though, Ware will have the backfield to himself against an awful Colts’ defense. If he puts up another monstrous outing, then Charles could be reduced to backup duty. Crazy to think after a such a strong run, making it one of the more impactful storylines to watch this week.
• Rob Gronkowski could score his 69th touchdown this week. It’s not really one of the Fantasy storylines to watch, but could be quite entertaining.
• Josh McCown is back under center for the Cleveland Browns. I think this could hurt Terrelle Pryor’s stock and strengthen Isaiah Crowell’s production. We will have to see against a struggling Jets team.
• Jacquizz Rodgers will get another chance for a huge game with Doug Martin out. Rodgers could end up being “that guy” that turns thousands of leagues across the country.
• Jay Cutler returns to the lineup this week for Chicago. I expect him to look Alshon Jeffery’s way early and often just like he has always done.
• Donte Moncrief should have a bigger role this week. With Marcus Peters likely on T.Y. Hilton, you might pick up Moncrief now, before he is the hot waiver-wire pick up next week.
That’s it for the Week 8 Storylines to watch for Fantasy Football! If you have any Start/Sit questions, consult our article on it, or shoot them to us on Twitter @Tomlin3 or @SoCalledFanEx.
Latest posts by Michael Tomlin (see all)
- H2H League Draft Strategy: Punting Categories - March 10, 2017
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball Roto League Draft Strategy: Aim For Third Place - March 8, 2017
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball Cheat Sheet: It’s All About Time - March 8, 2017