Before we start talking about the top Fantasy Football players of Week 4, I thought I’d start a discussion about some of the players we never expected to come near the average scorers, much less the top scorers.
For instance, for the third week in a row, or so, Browns TE Gary Barnidge ranks among the top tight ends in Fantasy, with his six catches for 75 yards and another touchdown. He caught 100-yards worth of passes against Oakland last week, and it’s safe to say he has earned a place in my top 10 rankings going forward.
Then there’s sophomore running back Devonta Freeman, who outscored everyone this week, with his second three-touchdown outing in as many weeks. This is a guy that the Falcons decided was good enough to make them still draft one of the best running backs coming out of college, Tevin Coleman.
Jameis Winston somehow finds himself among the top Fantasy scorers at quarterback, in spite of the fact that he was manhandled in his game at home against the Panthers. He better be a great clubhouse guy – because so far, he’s not a great on-the-field guy.
Finally, there’s Leonard Hankerson and Tavon Austin. The former was a castoff from Washington that couldn’t do much with a pretty decent offense. The latter was a top-10 draft pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, only to disappoint in his first two seasons. Hankerson looks to be a for-real option across from Julio Jones in Atlanta, but I’m still reserving judgment on Austin.
Top Fantasy Football Players of Week 4
For the sake of arguments, we’re counting the top Fantasy Football players of Week 4 in PPR leagues only.
- Devonta Freeman, RB, Atlanta
- 68 rushing yards, five catches for 81 yards, 3 TDs
- Vincent Jackson, WR, Tampa Bay
- 10 catches for 147 yards, 1 TD
- Tavon Austin, WR, St. Louis
- 20 rushing yards, 6 catches for 94 yards, 2 TDs
- Allen Hurns, WR, Jacksonville
- 11 catches for 116 yards, 1 TD
- Le’Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh
- 129 rushing yards, 7 catches for 21 yards, 1 TD
- Cairo Santos, K, Kansas City
- 7 Field Goals
- Duke Johnson, RB, Cleveland
- 31 rushing yards, 9 catches for 84 yards, 1 TD
- Philip Rivers, QB, Carolina
- 358 passing yards, 3 passing TDs
- Jeremy Maclin, WR, Kansas City
- 11 catches for 148 yards
- Martellus Bennett, TE, Chicago
- 11 catches for 83 yards, 1 TD
How did your Fantasy team do?
Did you end up having any of the top Fantasy Football players of Week 4 on your yearly leagues or your FanDuel lineups?
Latest posts by David Gonos (see all)
- 2018 Rookie WR Rankings For Fantasy Football: Fantasy Flyers? - July 7, 2018
- 2018 Rookie RB Rankings For Fantasy Football: Top 10 Tailbacks - June 18, 2018
- 2018 Fantasy Rookie Quarterbacks Rankings: Who Will Step Up? - June 12, 2018