Welcome to the SCFE Week 12 Bullpen Briefs. This will be a reoccurring article focusing on all the happenings in bullpens around the league. While we all know there are some studs that may not lose their respective roles. There are plenty more that will be ripe for the taking.
And this won’t just be for the coveted closer roles. This will focus on setup men shifting. As well as letting people know who the next guy is that could get a lot of holds for them. Keeping an eye here can also help you know who to make that speculative add to your roster before the change is made.
This week, the Bronx Bombers get back their shut down closer. And when will the closer role be addressed in the Nation’s Capital?
If you want to see which hitters you should start, check out the Week 12 Hitting Planner by Aaron Hinckley. Also, be sure to check out the Closer Depth Chart for a complete breakdown of the bullpen situations.
So as we look to the fourth week of June, who are some of the guys you need to be looking at? Let’s dive in!
Week 12 Bullpen Briefs
**Updated as of June 14
Dellin Betances, RP, New York Yankees
Aroldis Chapman, RP, New York Yankees
These guys will be getting Holds and the occasional save opportunity for your team. Some will even luck into a few Wins.
- Adam Ottavino, COL: 17 Holds, 3.09 ERA, 1.46 WHIP, 29 K, 16 BB, 0 SV
- Andrew Miller, CLE: 15 Holds, 1.60 ERA, 0.74 WHIP, 49 K, 7 BB, 0 SV, 3 W
- Taylor Rogers, MIN: 15 Holds, 2.82 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, 15 K, 5 BB, 0 SV, 3 W
- Matt Bowman, STL: 13 Holds, 4.55 ERA, 1.11 WHIP, 26 K, 8 BB, 0 SV, 1 W
- Filipe Rivero, PIT: 13 Holds, 0.78 ERA, 0.72 WHIP, 38 K, 7 BB, 2 SV, 2 W
- Arodys Vizcaino, ATL: 13 Holds, 2.08 ERA, 0.96 WHIP, 30 K, 9 BB, 0 SV, 2 W
- Jacob Barnes, MIL: 12 Holds, 4.13 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 33 K, 16 BB, 2 SV, 1 W
- Mike Dunn, COL: 12 Holds, 5.82 ERA, 1.71 WHIP, 28 K, 13 BB, 0 SV, 2 W
- Will Harris, HOU: 12 Holds, 2.02 ERA, 0.86 WHIP, 31 K, 3 BB, 2 SV, 2 W
- Matt Belisle, MIN: 11 Holds, 8.22 ERA, 1.65 WHIP, 20 K, 14 BB, 0 SV
- Heath Hembree, BOS: 11 Holds, 3.77 ERA, 1.45 WHIP, 32 K, 6 BB, 0 SV
- Corey Knebel, MIL: 11 Holds, 1.07 ERA, 0.98 WHIP, 59 K, 16 BB, 10 SV
- Juan Nicasio, PIT: 11 Holds, 1.23 ERA, 1.06 WHIP, 30 K, 8 BB, 0 SV, 1 W
- Fernando Salas, NYM: 11 Holds, 5.34 ERA, 1.57 WHIP, 28 K, 15 BB, 0 SV
- Joe Smith, TOR: 11 Holds, 3.41 ERA, 1.14 WHIP, 47 K, 8 BB, 0 SV, 3 W
- Carlos Torres, MIL: 11 Holds, 4.58 ERA, 1.64 WHIP, 27 K, 15 BB, 1 SV, 3 W
- Alex Wilson, DET: 11 Holds, 3.07 ERA, 1.13 WHIP, 15 K, 7 BB, 2 SV, 1 W
- Jose Alvarez, LAA: 11 Holds, 5.25 ERA, 1.21 WHIP, 20 K, 5 BB, 1 SV
- Matt Barnes, BOS: 10 Holds, 3.26 ERA, 1.19 WHIP, 38 K, 11 BB, 0 SV, 5 W
- Jerry Blevins, NYM: 10 Holds, 1.90 ERA, 0.97 WHIP, 36 K, 9 BB, 0 SV, 4 W
Keep an eye on…
At some point, the Nationals are going to have to address the 800-pound gorilla in the room; the ninth inning closer role. With Koda Glover hurting his back in the shower, he is on the 10-day disabled list. Since we all know how tricky back injuries can be, he’s not a safe bet moving forward.
As of now, the Nationals will be using Shawn Kelley, Matt Albers, and Blake Treinen. A dark horse candidate would be Enny Romero, but none of these guys have a proven track record to trust. So now that the MLB Draft is over, teams can start to look at making deals.
Some of the candidates that the Nats can look at are the usual names you have heard. Kelvin Herrera, David Robertson, Jim Johnson, and Mark Melancon seem the most likely to be targeted.
So there are your Week 12 Bullpen Briefs, and the pitchers to keep an eye on moving forward. Be sure and check back to get the low down on the next batch of relievers to snag.
|2017 Fantasy Baseball|
|Rankings | Waiver Wire | Daily Fantasy Baseball | Bullpen Briefs | Rookie Report | Injury Report | Pitching Planner | Hitting Planner | Player Analysis|
Latest posts by Derek Harvey (see all)
- Week 26 Bullpen Briefs: Getting The Royal Treatment - September 28, 2017
- Week 26 Rookie Report: To The Playoffs And Beyond - September 25, 2017
- Week 25 Bullpen Briefs: Chapman Annointed Again - September 22, 2017