Welcome to the SCFE Week 13 Bullpen Briefs. This will be a reoccurring article focusing on all the happenings in bullpens around the league. While we all know there are some studs that may not lose their respective roles. There are plenty more that will be ripe for the taking.
And this won’t just be for the coveted closer roles. This will focus on setup men shifting. As well as letting people know who the next guy is that could get a lot of holds for them. Keeping an eye here can also help you know who to make that speculative add to your roster before the change is made.
This week, I’m looking at an Angels bullpen that again is in a little turmoil. And a former dominant closer that just got released by his team, who could help a contender.
If you want to see which hitters you should start, check out the Week 13 Hitting Planner by Aaron Hinckley. Also, be sure to check out the Closer Depth Chart for a complete breakdown of the bullpen situations.
So as we look to the last week of June, who are some of the guys you need to be looking at? Let’s dive in!
Week 13 Bullpen Briefs
**Updated as of June 24
Bud Norris, RP, Los Angeles Angels
Blake Parker, RP, Los Angeles Angels
Blake Parker came in and recorded his first save of the season. He came into the save situation that Cam Bedrosian created. With a five-run lead heading into the ninth, Bedrosian gave up two runs and left the bases loaded for Parker. He came in to strike out Chris Young and shut the door.
Mike Scioscia is a mercurial manager, so it is entirely possible Bedrosian and Street factor in during Norris’ time on the DL. But for now, Parker looks to be the only guy to trust until Norris is activated.
These guys will be getting Holds and the occasional save opportunity for your team. Some will even luck into a few Wins.
- Adam Ottavino, COL: 18 Holds, 3.08 ERA, 1.33 WHIP, 33 K, 16 BB, 0 SV, 1 W
- Andrew Miller, CLE: 16 Holds, 1.63 ERA, 0.75 WHIP, 57 K, 9 BB, 1 SV, 3 W
- Taylor Rogers, MIN: 16 Holds, 2.25 ERA, 1.18 WHIP, 19 K, 7 BB, 0 SV, 4 W
- Will Harris, HOU: 15 Holds, 2.03 ERA, 0.84 WHIP, 37 K, 4 BB, 2 SV, 2 W
- Arodys Vizcaino, ATL: 15 Holds, 1.99 ERA, 0.98 WHIP, 36 K, 9 BB, 1 SV, 3 W
- Jacob Barnes, MIL: 14 Holds, 4.04 ERA, 1.32 WHIP, 40 K, 16 BB, 2 SV, 1 W
- Filipe Rivero, PIT: 14 Holds, 0.68 ERA, 0.70 WHIP, 43 K, 9 BB, 3 SV, 3 W
- Matt Bowman, STL: 13 Holds, 4.18 ERA, 1.08 WHIP, 28 K, 9 BB, 0 SV, 1 W
- Matt Barnes, BOS: 12 Holds, 4.13 ERA, 1.35 WHIP, 40 K, 17 BB, 0 SV, 5 W
- Matt Belisle, MIN: 12 Holds, 6.99 ERA, 1.59 WHIP, 21 K, 15 BB, 0 SV
- Archie Bradley, ARI: 12 Holds, 1.08 ERA, 0.84 WHIP, 42 K, 7 BB, 0 SV, 3 W
- Mike Dunn, COL: 12 Holds, 5.84 ERA, 1.70 WHIP, 33 K, 15 BB, 0 SV, 2 W
- Mychal Givens, BAL: 12 Holds, 2.41 ERA, 1.10 WHIP, 36 K, 11 BB, 0 SV, 6 W
- Luke Gregerson, HOU: 12 Holds, 4.60 ERA, 1.36 WHIP, 34 K, 10 BB, 0 SV, 2 W
- Heath Hembree, BOS: 12 Holds, 3.74 ERA, 1.46 WHIP, 34 K, 6 BB, 0 SV
- Daniel Hudson, PIT: 12 Holds, 5.23 ERA, 1.45 WHIP, 28 K, 14 BB, 0 SV
- Ryan Madson, OAK: 12 Holds, 2.45 ERA, 0.99 WHIP, 28 K, 6 BB, 1 SV, 1 W
- David Phelps, MIA: 12 Holds, 3.82 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, 37 K, 12 BB, 0 SV, 2 W
- Jose Ramirez, ATL: 12 Holds, 3.19 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, 24 K, 15 BB, 0 SV, 2 W
- Joaquin Benoit, PHI: 11 Holds, 4.40 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, 27 K, 14 BB, 1 SV, 1 W
Keep an eye on…
Francisco Rodriguez, RP, Free Agent
It wasn’t that long ago Francisco Rodriguez had a 3.24 ERA, 44 saves, and 52 strikeouts for the Tigers in 2016. But that seems like decades ago for how he has pitched this season. Rodriguez was let go by the Tigers on June 23. On the season, he has seven saves, six blown saves, a 7.82 ERA, 1.67 WHIP, 23 strikeouts, and 11 walks. It just wasn’t working for the 15-year veteran this year.
Expect to see some contenders kick the tires who need some bullpen help. He probably won’t be brought on to be the closer, but he could provide bullpen depth for a number of teams.
So there are your Week 13 Bullpen Briefs, and the pitchers to keep an eye on moving forward. Be sure and check back to get the low down on the next batch of relievers to snag.
|2017 Fantasy Baseball|
|Rankings | Waiver Wire | Daily Fantasy Baseball | Bullpen Briefs | Rookie Report | Injury Report | Pitching Planner | Hitting Planner | Player Analysis|
Latest posts by Derek Harvey (see all)
- 2018 Fantasy Baseball Rookie of the Year: National League Candidates - February 10, 2018
- 2018 Fantasy Baseball Rookie of the Year: American League Candidates - February 7, 2018
- Week 26 Bullpen Briefs: Getting The Royal Treatment - September 28, 2017
Voted “Best Fantasy Draft Tool”!
“So-Called Fantasy Experts” Podcast!
Fantasy Blog NetworkGet This
Powered By: Fantasy Knuckleheads