Welcome to the SCFE Week 23 Bullpen Briefs. This will be a reoccurring article focusing on all the happenings in bullpens around the league. While we all know there are some studs that may not lose their respective roles, there are plenty more that will be ripe for the taking.
And this won’t just be for the coveted closer roles. This will focus on setup men shifting. As well as letting people know who the next guy is that could get a lot of holds for them. Keeping an eye here can also help you know who to make that speculative add to your roster before the change is made.
This week, the Angels are still noncommittal on even being a committee, let alone naming a closer. And a waiting game in New York.
So as we look to the first full week of September, who are some of the guys you need to be looking at? Let’s dive in!
Week 23 Bullpen Briefs
**Updated as of September 3
Cam Bedrosian, RP, Los Angeles Angels
Cam Bedrosian last converted a save on August 16. Since then he has two wins, two losses and one blown save. He was at the helm of the closer committee when Bud Norris was demoted but has not been effective. Blake Parker looks to have moved ahead of him in the ninth inning.
Blake Parker, RP, Los Angeles Angels
Blake Parker has converted four saves in his last four outings. During that span, he has a 0.00 ERA in 4.1 innings pitched, with six strikeouts and one walk. What is even better is he hasn’t given up a hit during these four outings as well. Mike Scioscia hasn’t officially named a closer, but that’s nothing new. Roll with Parker for now.
These guys will be getting Holds and the occasional save opportunity for your team. Some will even luck into a few Wins.
- Taylor Rogers, MIN: 28 Holds, 3.49 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 41 K, 17 BB, 0 SV, 5 W
- Nick Vincent, SEA: 25 Holds, 1.91 ERA, 0.99 WHIP, 44 K, 10 BB, 0 SV, 3 W
- Jacob Barnes, MIL: 24 Holds, 3.99 ERA, 1.35 WHIP, 67 K, 26 BB, 2 SV, 3 W
- Jose Ramirez, ATL: 23 Holds, 2.32 ERA, 1.07 WHIP, 49 K, 26 BB, 0 SV, 2 W
- Matt Bowman, STL: 22 Holds, 4.18 ERA, 1.20 WHIP, 38 K, 16 BB, 2 SV, 3 W
- Pedro Baez, LAD: 22 Holds, 1.94 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, 52 K, 22 BB, 0 SV, 3 W
- Matt Barnes, BOS: 21 Holds, 3.60 ERA, 1.20 WHIP, 66 K, 27 BB, 0 SV, 6 W
- Kyle Barraclough, MIA: 21 Holds, 2.86 ERA, 1.36 WHIP, 66 K, 32 BB, 0 SV 5 W
- Chris Devenski, HOU: 21 Holds, 2.57 ERA, 0.90 WHIP, 87 K, 22 BB, 3 SV, 7 W
- Carl Edwards, Jr., CHC: 21 Holds, 3.25 ERA, 1.03 WHIP, 79 K, 33 BB, 0 SV, 3 W
- Mychal Givens, BAL: 21 Holds, 2.63 ERA, 1.05 WHIP, 77 K, 22 BB, 0 SV, 7 W
- Tommy Hunter, TB: 21 Holds, 2.52 ERA, 0.98 WHIP, 54 K, 12 BB, 1 SV, 2 W
- Andrew Miller, CLE: 21 Holds, 1.65 ERA, 0.79 WHIP, 79 K, 17 BB, 2 SV, 4 W – 10-day disabled list (Knee)
- Juan Nicasio, PHI: 21 Holds, 2.79 ERA, 1.09 WHIP, 61 K, 18 BB, 2 SV, 3 W
- David Phelps, SEA: 21 Holds, 3.40 ERA, 1.38 WHIP, 62 K, 26 BB, 0 SV, 4 W – 10-day disabled list (Elbow)
- Archie Bradley, ARI: 20 Holds, 1.29 ERA, 1.01 WHIP, 68 K, 18 BB, 0 SV, 3 W
- Adam Ottavino, COL: 20 Holds, 5.40 ERA, 1.65 WHIP, 52 K, 33 BB, 0 SV, 2 W
- Ryan Madson, WSH: 19 Holds, 1.64 ERA, 0.75 WHIP, 53 K, 7 BB, 1 SV, 5 W
- Marc Rzepczynski, SEA: 19 Holds, 3.10 ERA, 1.35 WHIP, 24 K, 16 BB, 1 SV, 2 W
- Anthony Swarzak, MIL: 19 Holds, 2.48 ERA, 1.07 WHIP, 73 K, 16 BB, 2 SV, 6 W
Keep an eye on…
Jeurys Familia, RP, New York Mets
In his last four outings starting on August 26, Jeurys Familia has pitched 4.1 innings. In that span, he has a 9.64 ERA, giving up one home run and has a 3/3 K/BB ratio. Not exactly what the Mets were hoping for. For now, the Mets will stick with A.J. Ramos, with them being out of the playoffs, no need to rush Familia back in the ninth inning.
So there are your Week 23 Bullpen Briefs, and the pitchers to keep an eye on moving forward. Be sure and check back to get the low down on the next batch of relievers to snag.
|Rankings | Waiver Wire | Daily Fantasy Baseball | Bullpen Briefs | Rookie Report | Injury Report | Pitching Planner | Hitting Planner | Player Analysis|
Latest posts by Derek Harvey (see all)
- 2018 Fantasy Baseball Rookie of the Year: National League Candidates - February 10, 2018
- 2018 Fantasy Baseball Rookie of the Year: American League Candidates - February 7, 2018
- Week 26 Bullpen Briefs: Getting The Royal Treatment - September 28, 2017
Voted “Best Fantasy Draft Tool”!
“So-Called Fantasy Experts” Podcast!
Fantasy Blog NetworkGet This
Powered By: Fantasy Knuckleheads