The flood of 2015 Fantasy Football quarterback rankings will soon break through the dam.
I don’t have any far-fetched predictions like Tim Tebow cracking the top 20, but I also have a few rankings that Fantasy players may be curious to learn more about. A big part of my rankings revolves around the amount of games a quarterback can finish in a season.
A healthy Sam Bradford could finish in the top 10, but his readiness for the start of the season is still a little bit up in the air. I also wouldn’t have an issue with considering Carson Palmer as a strong candidate for a great year, but I have my reservations about drafting a 35-year old quarterback a few months removed from an ACL injury.
I also focus on outliers for my quarterback rankings. I predicted that Ben Roethlisberger could finish as a top-10 option last season, but I think he is going to be way overvalued entering 2015. He scored 26% of his Fantasy points for the season in Week 8 and 9, and I don’t expect Big Ben to have six-touchdown passing performances anytime soon. You’ll see him as the sixth or seventh-ranked quarterback in many rankings, but you won’t find that from me.
It’s still questionable how much the run based approach of the New Orleans Saints will effect Drew Brees, and I think there is a case to be made that Ryan Tannehill and Eli Manning could push past him. Each of the aforementioned quarterbacks have offensive coordinators who know how to utilize their skill sets, and each quarterback is surrounded by a ton of talented pass catchers.
There are also a slew of second-year quarterbacks and rookies to keep in consideration. Derek Carr, Blake Bortles and Teddy Bridgewater all have a few more weapons entering 2015.
Rookie Jameis Winston could have a chance to finish as a top-20 candidate, and starting your first year in the NFL with Mike Evans, Vincent Jackson and Austin-Seferian Jenkins is not a bad position to be in. Marcus Mariota may also surprise people with his dual-threat capabilities, but I think Winston is primed for more Fantasy success.
2015 Fantasy Football Quarterback Rankings
These quarterback rankings will update as training camps and preseason games progress, but this is an early look to help you start preparing for you 2015 Fantasy Football drafts.
1. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
2. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
3. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
4. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
5. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
6. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
7. Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins
8. Eli Manning, New York Giants
9. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
10. Matt Ryan, Atalanta Falcons
11. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
12. Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals
13. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
14. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions
15. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers
16. Sam Bradford, Philadelphia Eagles
17. Teddy Bridgewater, Minnesota Vikings
18. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears
19. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens
20. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals
We’ll be expanding and updating these 2015 Fantasy Football Quarterback Rankings throughout the offseason, so come back often!
- Week 4 Waiver Wire: Top Picks Include Dallas Goedert and Tyler Boyd - September 27, 2018
- Week 3 Waiver Wire: Top Picks Include Corey Clement and Corey Grant - September 19, 2018
- Week 2 Waiver Wire: Top Picks Include T.J. Yeldon and Austin Ekeler - September 11, 2018