While 2015 Fantasy Football Tight End Rankings lists didn’t change as much as those for wide receivers, there were a few transactions that Fantasy Football players need to take into consideration.
One of the biggest news in free agency was Jimmy Graham finding himself as the newest tight end for the Seattle Seahawks.
I think Graham will see a decline in receiving yards, but there isn’t a tight end right now that could knock Graham out as the second-best tight end.
I also see the addition of Andre Johnson negatively effecting the production of Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen, and they each take a drop in my 2015 Fantasy Football Tight End Rankings.
The real question is — how did the movement at other positions affect the tight end position?
2015 Fantasy Football Tight End Rankings
1. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
2. Jimmy Graham, Seattle Seahawks
3. Jordan Cameron, Miami Dolphins
4. Zach Ertz, Philadelphia Eagles
Analysis: As long as Ertz can improve on his blocking in 2015, he should be a major benefactor of Jeremy Maclin’s absence.
5. Martellus Bennett, Chicago Bears
6. Julius Thomas, Jacksonville Jaguars
7. Travis Kelce, Kansas City Chiefs
8. Greg Olsen, Carolina Panthers
Analysis: If Cam Newton is able to scamper more in 2015, I think Olsen’s value takes a hit.
9. Virgil Green, Denver Broncos
10. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys
11. Eric Ebron, Detroit Lions
12. Vernon Davis, San Francisco 49ers
Analysis: With less mouths to feed and Torrey Smith to help open things up, I think Davis could crack the top-10 tight ends in 2015. I am still a little skeptical of how the 49ers’ offense will perform, however, so proceed with cation when drafting Davis.
13. Dwayne Allen, Indianpolis Colts
14. Heath Miller, Pittsburgh Steelers
15. Owen Daniels, Denver Broncos
Analysis: You have to love the fact that Owen Daniels is following Gary Kubiak to his third team, and Kubiak obviously has an affinity for the big tight end. It also won’t hurt his value that he is catching passes from Manning. I think Green will be the Broncos’ tight end most Fantasy Football players focus on before their drafts, but a healthy Daniels could end up with the better Fantasy Football numbers by the end of the season.
16. Antonio Gates, San Diego Chargers
17. Larry Donnell, New York Giants
18. Kyle Rudolph, Minnesota Vikings,
19. Jordan Reed, Washington Redskins
20. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
To see my original rankings before free agency, click here. And check out my updated 2015 Wide Receiver Rankings after all the player movement recently.
Greg Olsen Photo Credit: Parker Anderson
- Week 4 Waiver Wire: Top Picks Include Dallas Goedert and Tyler Boyd - September 27, 2018
- Week 3 Waiver Wire: Top Picks Include Corey Clement and Corey Grant - September 19, 2018
- Week 2 Waiver Wire: Top Picks Include T.J. Yeldon and Austin Ekeler - September 11, 2018