The majority of my Week 13 DFS lineups are going to contradict my general DFS advice. I’m going to pay up at quarterback and running back, and then running back again. I’m playing Drew Brees on DraftKings. It’s too much of a lock to pass on in cash games. Not that playing DFS is gambling but, if it were, when has a lock ever not paid off when gambling? (Don’t answer that.)
I’m also going to play both LeVeon Bell and David Johnson together on DraftKings, which I never do. Their matchups this week, especially in PPR scoring, is too tempting, regardless of the price. They’re actually easier to fit into a lineup on FanDuel than DK, so I’ll be rolling with them in that format as well.
Starting with Brees, Bell and DJ is costly so we’ll have to find some serious value to fill out the remainder of our lineups. Jordan Reed is out this week so Vernon Davis becomes a cost effective option at TE. Marquess Wilson, Tyler Boyd, Dorial Green-Beckham and Malcolm Mitchell are probably all underpriced, especially on DraftKings.
You’ll need to decide whether you want to play Michael Thomas, Brandin Cooks, Willie Snead or none of the above if you’re paying up for Brees. Personally, I’m going back to Cooks this week. Prior to Week 12 he was averaging over 100 yards in home games and now faces the Lions. The Lions defense isn’t the worst thing about the city of Detroit, but it’s close.
Shoelace is on the all time worst nickname list and while Denard Robinson isn’t a sexy name, if T.J. Yeldon and Chris Ivory both sit this weekend he becomes a cheap flex option, even against Denver. Lastly, what will most likely make or break your Week 13 DFS Lineup is your number one WR. Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Mike Evans and Odell Beckham are all viable plays in cash games.
Week 13 DFS Lineup Suggestions
Week 13 DFS Lineup Nuggets Inside My Brain:
- Aaron Rodgers is too cheap on DraftKings. I’ll own some of him at that price.
- Last week Jeremy Hill was more involved in the passing game than I thought he would be. He’s a nice option at RB this week.
- For tournament lineups, don’t overlook Paxton Lynch and Matt Barkley at QB.
- Tyrann Mathieu is out this week which means the slot WR for Washington should have a much easier time getting open. Luckily, for us that person is Jamison Crowder. He’s a nice number two WR this week.
- Jeremy Maclin is out again this week. Tyreek Hill once again becomes a viable option in both cash games and tournaments. His past suggests he’s not a bad, not the good kind, but he’s also a TD waiting to happen on any given play.
- A nice contrarian pivot away from Brees and the Saints would be rostering Matthew Stafford. This game could be the shootout of the 2016 season. You should get yourself a piece of the action. (Side note: Fat Matthew Stafford looks like grown up Haley Joel Osment. Google it.)
- I really like Doug Martin this week. He’s going to win someone some money.
- Ben Roethlisberger is probably my number two QB this week but some smart people online are suggesting Russell Wilson is the play. I don’t happen to agree but it’s worth mentioning.
Week 13 DFS Lineup Number One: FanDuel – Cash Games
Week 13 DFS Lineup Number Two: FanDuel – Cash Games
Week 13 DFS Lineup Number One: DraftKings – Cash Games
- Week 9 Waiver Wire: No Ezekiel Elliott, No Problem - November 1, 2017
- Week 5 Waiver Wire: It’s A Smallwood After All - October 7, 2017
- Week 2 Fantasy Football Rookie Report: Bet On Fournette - September 15, 2017