Welcome to the SCFE Week 26 Bullpen Briefs. This will be a reoccurring article focusing on all the happenings in bullpens around the league. While we all know there are some studs that may not lose their respective roles, there are plenty more that will be ripe for the taking.
And this won’t just be for the coveted closer roles. This will focus on setup men shifting. As well as letting people know who the next guy is that could get a lot of holds for them. Keeping an eye here can also help you know who to make that speculative add to your roster before the change is made.
This week, the Royals have picked a closer. And once again, the Angels have a carousel at the closer position.
So as we look to the last week of September, who are some of the guys you need to be looking at? Let’s dive in!
Week 26 Bullpen Briefs
**Updated as of September 25
Brandon Maurer/Scott Alexander, RP, Kansas City Royals
Brandon Maurer’s tryout in the ninth inning has been officially ended. Since his last save on September 9, Maurer has pitched two innings in four appearances. In those games, he has an 18.00 ERA, two strikeouts, and one walk. He has also taken a loss during that span.
Scott Alexander recorded his eighth hold of the year on September 23. The committee experiment is over for the Royals. Manager Ned Yost has went with one guy, and he is looking good in his small sample size.
Mike Minor, RP, Kansas City Royals
In his last two appearances, Mike Minor has converted two saves. In his two innings, he has given up one hit, struck out four, and has zero walks. Minor is off to a fast start as the new closer for the Royals.
If you’re chasing saves, Minor is an immediate pickup.
These guys will be getting Holds and the occasional save opportunity for your team. Some will even luck into a few Wins.
- Taylor Rogers, MIN: 29 Holds, 3.17 ERA, 1.32 WHIP, 45 K, 20 BB, 0 SV, 6 W
- Jose Ramirez, ATL: 27 Holds, 3.08 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, 56 K, 28 BB, 0 SV, 2 W
- Nick Vincent, SEA: 27 Holds, 2.86 ERA, 1.11 WHIP, 50 K, 13 BB, 0 SV, 3 W
- Archie Bradley, ARI: 25 Holds, 1.41 ERA, 0.96 WHIP, 76 K, 18 BB, 1 SV, 3 W
- Tommy Hunter, TB: 25 Holds, 2.22 ERA, 0.92 WHIP, 62 K, 12 BB, 1 SV, 3 W
- Andrew Miller, CLE: 25 Holds, 1.52 ERA, 0.84 WHIP, 87 K, 21 BB, 2 SV, 4 W
- Bryan Shaw, CLE: 25 Holds, 3.24 ERA, 1.19 WHIP, 70 K, 21 BB, 3 SV, 4 W
- Anthony Swarzak, MIL: 25 Holds, 2.09 ERA, 0.97 WHIP, 87 K, 17 BB, 2 SV, 6 W
- Jacob Barnes, MIL: 24 Holds, 4.17 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 78 K, 33 BB, 2 SV, 3 W
- Carl Edwards, Jr., CHC: 24 Holds, 3.09 ERA, 1.02 WHIP, 92 K, 36 BB, 0 SV, 5 W
- Ryan Madson, WSH: 24 Holds, 1.86 ERA, 0.81 WHIP, 66 K, 9 BB, 2 SV, 5 W
- Matt Bowman, STL: 23 Holds, 3.92 ERA, 1.15 WHIP, 45 K, 17 BB, 2 SV, 3 W
- Chris Devenski, HOU: 23 Holds, 2.72 ERA, 0.96 WHIP, 98 K, 26 BB, 4 SV, 8 W
- Pat Neshek, COL: 23 Holds, 1.61 ERA, 0.86 WHIP, 68 K, 6 BB, 1 SV, 5 W
- Kyle Barraclough, MIA: 22 Holds, 3.09 ERA, 1.39 WHIP, 74 K, 36 BB, 0 SV, 6 W
- Pedro Baez, LAD: 22 Holds, 3.12 ERA, 1.35 WHIP, 57 K, 29 BB, 0 SV, 3 W
- Peter Moylan, KC: 22 Holds, 3.59 ERA, 1.08 WHIP, 44 K, 23 BB, 0 SV
- Matt Barnes, BOS: 21 Holds, 3.82 ERA, 1.23 WHIP, 75 K, 28 BB, 1 SV, 7 W
- Mychal Givens, BAL: 21 Holds, 2.70 ERA, 1.03 WHIP, 85 K, 24 BB, 0 SV, 8 W
- Daniel Hudson, PIT: 21 Holds, 4.30 ERA, 1.39 WHIP, 66 K, 33 BB, 0 SV, 2 W
Keep an eye on…
Blake Parker, RP, Los Angeles Angels
Blake Parker has converted two saves since September 15. The Angels closer role is in constant flux, but this is the time of year when you are streaming to get whatever you need. Parker should get the saves. Cam Bedrosian and Yusmeiro Petit are behind Parker for holds consideration.
So there are your Week 26 Bullpen Briefs, and the pitchers to keep an eye on moving forward. Be sure and check back to get the lowdown on the next batch of relievers to snag.
|Rankings | Waiver Wire | Daily Fantasy Baseball | Bullpen Briefs | Rookie Report | Injury Report | Pitching Planner | Hitting Planner | Player Analysis|
Latest posts by Derek Harvey (see all)
- 2018 Fantasy Baseball Rookie of the Year: National League Candidates - February 10, 2018
- 2018 Fantasy Baseball Rookie of the Year: American League Candidates - February 7, 2018
- Week 26 Bullpen Briefs: Getting The Royal Treatment - September 28, 2017