Welcome to Week 3 of my Wide Receiver Rankings Reaction. With the crazy series of events that have played out in the last couple of weeks, it seems as though Fantasy Football experts everywhere should take everything they know about Fantasy Football and light it on fire.
Injuries, poor performances, and breakout performances have made it almost impossible to predict success/failure for any player. Even NFL & ESPN Fantasy writers were complaining about how impossible their job has been so far this season.
Tony Romo, Drew Brees, Eddie Lacy, and Tevin Coleman are among the players who were injured in Week 2.
Andrew Luck, DeMarco Murray, and Jeremy Hill played well below expectations this past week, while Allen Robinson, Donte Moncrief, and Travis Benjamin played well above theirs.
In an attempt to forget about a disastrous Week 2, I will share my reaction to the staff at SCFE’s Week 3 Player Rankings and analyze two wide receivers that I like more and two that I like less. At the end, I will give my Top 20 wide receivers for Week 3.
Week 3 Wide Receiver Rankings Reaction
Who I Like More
Alshon Jeffery, Chicago Bears
While Alshon Jeffery has been slowed down by lingering calf and hamstring injuries the past two seasons, he still possesses the talent to be a WR1 across all Fantasy formats. The purpose of resting him last week against the Arizona Cardinals was so that he is 100 percent healthy to play the Seattle Seahawks. If Jeffery can play on Sunday, he should be in your starting lineup.
Donte Moncrief, Indianapolis Colts
Andre Johnson’s lack of production so far this year has given Donte Moncrief the opportunity he needs to excel. This proved to be the case against the Jets on Monday night when Moncrief tallied 122 receiving yards and a touchdown, which was the only touchdown the Colts had all night. Expect Moncrief to continue his success next week against the Tennessee Titans as he is a solid WR3 at the very least.
Who I Like Less
Brandin Cooks, New Orleans Saints
Coming into the season, the only real upside to Brandin Cooks was that he was the best candidate out of a mediocre wide-receiving core to catch passes from an elite quarterback (Drew Brees). With Drew Brees struggling and possibly sidelined, it is hard to predict much Fantasy value from a player that has yet to prove that he is a playmaker.
Allen Robinson, Jacksonville Jaguars
Allen Robinson went off last week, but I don’t like him as the 14th best wide receiver just yet. Almost all of Robinson’s yards have come off plays in which he got lucky and burned somebody for a big gain. Thus, he is averaging 26 yards per reception this year with only seven receptions. In the upcoming weeks, Robinson will have to prove that he belongs among the top wide receivers and show consistency in his ability to make big plays.
My Top 20 Wide Receiver Rankings for Week 3
- Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Julio Jones, Atlanta Falcons
- Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions
- Odell Beckham Jr., New York Giants
- Julian Edelman, New England Patriots
- DeAndre Hopkins, Houston Texans
- Jarvis Landry, Miami Dolphins
- Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos
- Jordan Matthews, Philadelphia Eagles
- Jeremy Maclin, Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmanuel Sanders, Denver Broncos
- A.J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals
- Alshon Jeffery, Chicago Bears
- Mike Evans, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Randall Cobb, Green Bay Packers
- Kendall Wright, Tennessee Titans
- Brandon Marshall, New York Jets
- Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals
- Donte Moncrief, Indianapolis Colts
- Keenan Allen, San Diego Chargers
So there you have it. The Week 3 wide receiver rankings reaction.
[su_box title=”SCFE Fantasy Football Weekly Content” box_color=”#d75c37″]SCFE Fantasy Football: Rankings | Daily Fantasy Football | Waiver Wire | Start & Sit | Fantasy Points Allowed by Position | Injury Report | Rookie Report | Game Previews | Game Recaps[/su_box]
- Week 8 Wide Receiver Rankings Reaction: Seniority Doesn’t Rule - October 28, 2015
- Week 7 Wide Receiver Rankings Reaction: Edelman to Shipwreck on Revis Island - October 21, 2015
- Week 6 Wide Receiver Rankings Reaction: Cooks’ Performance Rare or Well-Done? - October 15, 2015