Welcome to my Week 8 Wide Receiver Rankings reaction. It’s crazy to think that we’re already half way through the 2015 NFL season. What’s even crazier is that, for some Fantasy players, the season might as well be over. Teams that are 0-8, 1-7, and 2-6 probably don’t have a chance at winning it all this year. The best thing you can do if you fall into that category is learn from your mistakes and don’t draft Eddie Lacy in the Top 10 ever again.
It’s Halloween this week, but the only thing scary about Halloween is when my star wide receiver goes down with a knee injury on a no-contact play. And with the way things have been going this year, there could be plenty of scaring going on this Sunday throughout the league.
Three Things to Note for Week 8:
- Guess Who’s Back: It appears that Dez Bryant could play this week after missing the past six games due to an injury, though his play may be limited.
- Owners Beware: It seems like no player can be trusted this season as there has been a lot of inconsistent play, even from the best. Be sure to look at the matchups closely and roll with the player who faces the worst defense.
- Sleeper Alert: Danny Amendola has played impressively over the past two games, racking up 100-plus yards in each. Look for him to put up similar numbers against the Miami Dolphins.
The staff here at SCFE put together a list of their top wide receivers for Week 8 to help guide our readers when they have to decide which wide receivers to start, and which ones to sit.
In the following sections of this article, I will share my reaction to these wide receiver rankings and analyze two wide receivers that I like more for Week 8 and two that I like less. At the end of the article, I will share my Top 20 wide receivers for Week 8.
Week 8 Wide Receiver Rankings Reaction
Who I Like More
Jeremy Maclin, Kansas City Chiefs
I’m not sure that he will rank in the Top 10, but the staff at SCFE has Jeremy Maclin ranked 34th in their WR rankings. Maclin is on pace to have a career year this year and although the is coming off of what was thought to be a concussion, he should be locked in as a WR1 when the Kansas City Chiefs take on the Pittsburgh Steelers and will likely place in the Top 20.
Rishard Matthews, Miami Dolphins
Rishard Matthews has scored more than 10 Fantasy points in every game this season, except for one. This week against the New England Patriots’ secondary will be the easiest match up that the Dolphin wide receiver core has seen so far this year as New England has given up the sixth most points to WRs. Look for Matthews’s breakout season to continue on Thursday and put him in your lineup as at least a WR3.
Who I Like Less
Steve Smith Sr., Baltimore Ravens
Steve Smith Sr. is a victim of an unfavorable match up this week against the San Diego Chargers, whose defense has been solid against wide receivers this year. Smith Sr. will likely put up at least 10 points, but I don’t think he will place in the Top 20 as predicted by the staff at SCFE.
Odell Beckham Jr., New York Giants
As much potential as he has, Odell Beckham Jr. has been inconsistent so far this year and cannot be trusted to put up good numbers week in and week out. Given his lack of production last week against the Dallas Cowboys and the New Orleans Saints’ somewhat impressive defensive showing against the Indianapolis Colts, Beckham Jr. could struggle again. I have him ranked lower than the SCFE staff this week and he will stay there until he proves to be a consistent performer.
My Top 20 Wide Receiver Rankings for Week 8
- DeAndre Hopkins, Houston Texans
- Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions
- Julio Jones, Atlanta Falcons
- Brandon Marshall, New York Jets
- Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals
- Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Martavis Bryant, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Keenan Allen, San Diego Chargers
- Stefon Diggs, Minnesota Vikings
- Jeremy Maclin, Kansas City Chiefs
- Alshon Jeffery, Chicago Bears
- Odell Beckham Jr., New York Giants
- T.Y. Hilton, Indianapolis Colts
- Donte Moncrief, Indianapolis Colts
- Mike Evans, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Jarvis Landry, Miami Dolphins
- Amari Cooper, Oakland Raiders
- Julian Edelman, New England Patriots
- Rishard Matthews, Miami Dolphins
- Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboy
[su_box title=”SCFE Fantasy Football Weekly Content” box_color=”#d75c37″]SCFE Fantasy Football: Rankings | Daily Fantasy Football | Waiver Wire | Start & Sit | Fantasy Points Allowed by Position | Injury Report | Rookie Report | Game Previews | Game Recaps[/su_box]
- Week 8 Wide Receiver Rankings Reaction: Seniority Doesn’t Rule - October 28, 2015
- Week 7 Wide Receiver Rankings Reaction: Edelman to Shipwreck on Revis Island - October 21, 2015
- Week 6 Wide Receiver Rankings Reaction: Cooks’ Performance Rare or Well-Done? - October 15, 2015